The Construction Project Manager represents DAGER Construction on projects and is responsible for the management of construction projects. This begins with the estimating phase through the closeout phase. A Project Manager will oversee multiple construction jobs as directed and will perform the following:
• Set up budgets and estimates.
• Familiarize yourself with construction drawings.
• Determine construction timetable (using Microsoft Project) for the client and develop a strategy detailing steps required to complete the project on time. Revise schedule as needed, to ensure the final deadline is met.
• Calculate material costs and personnel needed to complete the project. Create change orders if budget changes are needed due to unforeseeable circumstances throughout the project.
• Review proposals assuring completeness of bids and award contracts based on competitive pricing and qualifications. Negotiate with subcontractors to obtain the best price and delivery schedule.
• Select the subcontractors and write scopes of work for each contract
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
• Provide required explanations for the builders and other professionals associated with the project, coordinating and collaborating with the architects, engineers, and specialists.
• Ensure the construction project complies with all building codes and any other legal or regulatory requirements. Obtain all necessary permits.
• When delays or problems occur – as they always do – the construction manager is the project’s first responder, ready to make the changes required to move the project past the issue.
• Explain worksite policy, project goals, and safety procedures to workers.
• Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods. Process submittals and send to review team.
• Prepare and submit progress and cost tracking reports to Killowen Construction and owner’s representatives.
• Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at the construction site.
• Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems. Issue RFI’s and other required correspondence.
• Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
• Conducts Progress Meetings with Clients and Consultants as needed.
• Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
• Evaluate construction methods and determine the cost-effectiveness of plans.
• Prepare progress billings and facilitate construction draw processes including contractor and subcontractor lien waivers.
• Assure drawings are readily available to subcontractors and distribute addenda and revisions as needed.
• Manage and maintain harmonious client relationships.
• Travel to and between project sites as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A self-starting, highly motivated, and goal-oriented individual.
• Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
• Very organized with a systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
• Professionally and technically competent.
• Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
• Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
• Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
• Works easily with others.
Email resumes in PDF format to Ron@dagerconstruct.com